Managing ESXi from FreeBSD...

Peter Harrison peter.piggybox at virgin.net
Sun Jan 23 21:58:17 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I've just started messing around with my new Proliant. I've installed ESXi 4.1 and have a VM up and running with 8.2-RC2 using the (Windows only) vSphere client.

I don't want to be stuck using Windows to manage this machine though. What are my options for managing this machine and the VM's from my FreeBSD laptop? I've enable ssh access, but can I control all the VM's this way? Is there a command line or X-Windows option for remotely management?

Any tips or suggestions gratefully receivied!

TIA.

Peter Harrison.