how can i use 1)des.h 2)socket in kernel mode

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 19:56:34 UTC 2011

On Jan 23, 2011, at 4:44 AM, alireza imani wrote:
> i have some question about freebsd.
> how can i use des.h methods in kernel mode?
> and how can i use socket in kernel mode?
>
> can you give me some source code about this or help me?

"man 9 crypto" and "man 9 socket" describe kernel interfaces to crypto (including CRYPTO_DES_CBC & CRYPTO_3DES_CBC) and kernel-level sockets.  However, if it's possible to do whatever it is that you want to do in userland rather than in the kernel, then you should avoid doing stuff inside the kernel unless you have compelling reasons.

Regards,
--
-Chuck