no apache22, php5 cores

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 10:38:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 12:49 AM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> As of about an hour ago things are back.  I cannot get apache22 to
> launch of my server.  I rebuilt php5 then did a
>
> # php -v
>
> and got an immediate core dump.
>
> Note that I was using portmanager -u -f but without the --resume
> switch and was 88% done upgrading when I accidently killed the xterm
> [[ctwm]. I've made a clean start, this time with the -u -f and
> --resume flags.  Up to about 20%.  Could the php5 troubles be why I
> can't get apache to launch?  [I also rebuilt php5-extensions.
>
> Anything else I should consider?

Gary, you have several problems-in-one. Not sure where to start, but you can
do this:

cd /usr/local/lib/php
mv 2* _2* (decide what the * is)
mv /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini
/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini-troublesome
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
make deinstall
make clean
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
make deinstall
make clean
make install clean

Apache22:

apachectl configtest

See what errors are generated and start posting those. We are watching.

You may want to see why Apache is not starting. Look at
/var/log/httpd-error.log

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,