use of menus crashes Firefox?

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Fri Jan 21 02:27:32 UTC 2011

> So have you tried this?

> Firefox 3.6 and HTML5
>
> Certain functions used to display HTML5 elements need the sem module.
>
> If your Firefox crashes with the following message while viewing a
> HTML5 page:
> "Bad system call (core dumped)"
>
> you need to load the sem module (kldload sem).
>
> To load sem on every boot put the following into your
> /boot/loader.conf:
> sem_load="YES"

I hadn't, but the issues I'm seeing don't seem to be related to HTML
5. It also persists to Firefox 3.5 in addition to 3.6. I would expect
that if clicking on a menu in Firefox 3.6 required this. I did make that
change to see if it helps at some point in the future... Right now I'm
updating /usr/src to try a new kernel.

Keith