documentation OF FreeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Jan 18 19:43:04 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:07:12 +0200, Ross Cameron <ross.cameron at linuxpro.co.za> wrote:
> Considering the wording of the original posting I HIGHLY doubt the OP would
> be willing to use PINE/MUTT/MAIL.
>
> So they hardly count,... 99% chances (my bet anyways) are that hey wanted a
> GUI app for this.

In this case, out of the commonly used programs one could
be chosen, e. g. Thunderbird. But also lightweighter
applications such as Sylpheed or even KMail (when you're
already intending to use KDE) or Evolution (Gnome's
equivalent, if I remember correctly) is an option.

Using fetchmail to get the messages _independently_ from
any MUA gives you the chance to test various applications,
or even use them in parallel, employing one and the same
mail data. Using the system's mailer (e. g. via SMARTHOST)
makes you fully independent from the traditional POP/SMTP
accounts _in_ the MUA.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany