harddrive encryption

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Tue Jan 18 00:14:48 UTC 2011

On 1/17/11 5:53 PM, Roland Smith wrote:
> Do not rely on a keyfile that resides on a disk in the machine (that would
> make encryption futile)! Use a passphrase instead.

I'd think that depends on your use case.  If you're encrypting removable
drives and then shipping them elsewhere, such as for off-site backup,
and you trust the physical security for the computer a lot more than you
trust the courier and/or storage site....

Of course, I would agree that that's probably not what the OP has in
mind.  :-)

--

--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com