FreeBSD Decision

Alessandro Baggi alessandro.baggi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 19:08:11 UTC 2011

Hi list, I don't want make a flame post but I would ask an objective
opinion, then not a camp opinion, about using FreeBSD or Debian Linux in
a production environment for solution as such as cluster of some
service, proxy, SAN, performance, smp with an high number of cpu, PDC,
Mail Server (qmail), raid software, security support and hardware
support. I'm using Slackware Linux but in production environment there
are problem with packages and distro update and other support.
Then for you, what is the best for those solutions?

thanks in advance