Which php??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Jan 11 16:46:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:07:28PM +0000, Paul Macdonald wrote:
> On 10/01/2011 21:21, Gary Kline wrote:
> >Which php52 port do I need to run with wordpress?  There are      a
> >slew of them po ports.
> >
> >tia.
> >
> php5.2 is the last release before its eol'd.
>
> there may be some tweaking, but you'd be better getting it working
> with 5.3 (lang/php5) now rather than later...
>
> Paul.

	Well, I have no screen-capture set up o my server, so cannot
	show the firefox display.  But here is the samr thing using
	lynx:

	According to the /usr/local/www/wordpress/* files, php is not
	running.  I had the wordpress port install itself in the default
	place: in /usr/local/www; should I cp the files somewhere else?
	--I have no subdomain wordpress (or wordpress.thought.org).

ps 8:20 Server <ethic> [5025] lynx wp-admin/install.php
                                                                       (p1
of 3)
                                   WordPress

Error: PHP is not running

   WordPress requires that your web server is running PHP. Your server
   does not have PHP installed, or PHP is turned off.

                                   WordPress

   get_var("SHOW TABLES LIKE '$wpdb->users'") != null ); // Ensure that
   Blogs appear in search engines by default $blog_public = 1; if ( !
   empty( $_POST ) ) $blog_public = isset( $_POST['blog_public'] );
   $weblog_title = isset( $_POST['weblog_title'] ) ? trim( stripslashes(
   $_POST['weblog_title'] ) ) : ''; $user_name =
   isset($_POST['user_name']) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST['user_name'] )
   ) : 'admin'; $admin_password = isset($_POST['admin_password']) ? trim(
   stripslashes( $_POST['admin_password'] ) ) : ''; $admin_email = isset(
   $_POST['admin_email'] ) ? trim( stripslashes( $_POST['admin_email'] ) )
   : ''; if ( ! is_null( $error ) ) { ?>

   ERROR

	So:: are there other ways of installing this stuff?  Should I
	cp -rp this wordpress directory in [e.g.]
	/usr/local/www/journey?

	Thanks for any clues,

	gary

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org