File Listing

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Jan 10 21:18:12 UTC 2011

> Is there one single-line command I can execute that will list every file in every directory on my FreeBSD box?  I've been fussing with the ls and du commands, but the output is never quite complete.

ls -aR /

will give you a complete listing, assuming you have permissions to all
the directories.  You can add other options if you want to change the
formatting of the output.  You can also do 'find /', the output of
which may be more appealing, depending on what you're trying to
accomplish.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com