FreeBSD on ARM (was: WPA Supplicant issue (maybe))

Sabine Baer baerks at t-online.de
Mon Jan 10 08:23:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 03:07:18AM +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> THIS! IS! FREEBSD!!! :-)
>
> On FreeBSD, in difference to many "modern" Linusi, [...]

Fine. Is there a FreeBSD for an netbook with an ARM-processor
(wm8505)?

I asked the freebsd-arm-Mailing List, but as I am an very stupid User
only, my question might have been as such, very as such. Of course I
didn't get an answer.

I tried crosscompiling with one of those files in
/usr/src/sys/arm/conf/ an it ran through without a failure. But I have
no machine to boot that.

So well, there _is_ a Debian GNU/Linux for that machine, it's running
now. I haven't enough experience with Debian for to say "it's not
good', but I really would prefer a FreeBSD thereon. So, is there any
documentation within a FreeBSD on a PC which I've missed perhaps?

Google brough me no help either.

Sabine

--
Campaign for a Non-Browser Specific WWW: http://www.anybrowser.org