Apache with LDAP from ports failing.

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 13:24:51 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 12:43, Paul Halliday wrote:
> I am trying to build apache22 on a fresh 8.1 box from ports. It is
> dying right about here:
>
> mod_authnz_ldap.c:41:2: error: #error mod_authnz_ldap requires
> APR-util to have LDAP support built in. To fix add --with-ldap to
> ./configure.

Add LDAP support to the OPTIONS for devel/apr1 by running 'make config'

Rebuild and reinstall devel/apr1

Rebuild and reinstall www/apache22

In general, you need to match up the capabilities from devel/apr1 with
the set of modules you want to enable for www/apace22.  So if you want
apache itself[*] to interface with LDAP, MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite or
you want to use ndbm format hash files etc. then you need to turn on the
corresponding capability in devel/apr1.

Ditto for www/apache20 and devel/apr0 and (presumably) for the upcoming
www/apache24 and devel/apr2.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] but not by an embedded language like mod_php or mod_perl

                                                  Flat 3