best way to rebuild all perl ports

jamie at gnix.co.uk jamie at gnix.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 01:33:39 UTC 2011

hi everyone

When i installed FreeBSD 8.1 the other day i was just going to keep it a console-based system with no X just to do a bit of coding and stuff. I then installed perl 5.12.

A few days later I changed my mind and installed X with a window manager and a few other things. Somehow - not sure when and why - one of the ports installed perl 5.10 as a dependancy setting itself as the default perl installation for the system so i ended with a mix of ports build against different perl versions.

I've mostly fixed this by doing a:

	`env DISABLE_CONFLICTS=1 portupgrade -o lang/perl5.12 -f perl-5.10.\*`

followed by:

	`portupgrade -fr perl` (which didn't do anything :-/ )

or at least i thought i had, but it seems there are a few perl modules that aren't behaving and i think i need to just rebuild all the perl stuff again. I wondered, should i do this and if so if there's a particular ports-management tool that would be best suited to this?

		jamie