How can I implement true vps with FreeBSD as a host?

Sat Jan 1 00:44:20 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2010 07:26 PM, Da Rock wrote:
> Have you checked into Xen specifically and how it works?
I am currently researching how Xen works.  I am finding the top-level
information a bit lacking in low-level information.

I came across the website with all the objects for Xen, however, I have
yet to find implementation or developer information, so I still have
some digging to do, obviously.

I have downloaded the pdf information, however, I have not gotten far
enough into the docs to figure out what is actually needed to have Xen
function as it should on FreeBSD.

I am also researching the different types or products to figure out what
should be my target for the most investigation.
> I think you're where I was at a while ago, and a little investigation
> will
> change your mind.FWIW Xen is a hypervisor, and platforms need to be
> able to run in it, not the other way around. Have a read up on it anyway.

I am still premature in my research of this platform, so I am still
trying to figure out what is done by the Xen implementation that is not
within the indigenous OS. (I assume that it encapsulates environments as
would be needed for true virtual private services.)

Thanks for the dialogue, I am still very much premature in my research
of this "virtualization appliance" project that I thought up for my
environment, and it is nice to see some feedback.

--
Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth
M. G. Wigglesworth Holdings, LLC