Backtick versus $()

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Thu Feb 24 23:43:46 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org [mailto:owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Chad Perrin
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:26 PM
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Backtick versus $()

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:32:04PM -0800, Chip Camden wrote:
> Quoth Gary Gatten on Thursday, 24 February 2011:
> >
> > Everyone is wrong! "pfmsh" is the best at everything, period.  It
> > does everything you can possibly think of today and tomorrow.  It
> > doesn't require any upgrades, ever.  It's 100% secure.  It doesn't
> > use any memory or other resources, $hit, it doesn't even need to be
> > installed; it just "magically" works.
> >
> > There you have it.
>
> That one doesn't seem to be in ports.

In case you aren't just being sarcastic, I think "pfmsh" is a reference
to "pure fucking magic shell".

Yes, I was trying to bring an end to this thread with a bit of humor.  So far I'd have to say I've failed on both accounts!

"This email is intended to be reviewed by only the intended recipient
 and may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential.
 any review, use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this email
 and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited.  If you have
 received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by
 return email and delete this email from your system."