upgrading apr from v0 to v1 via portupgrade?

Aleksandr Miroslav alexmiroslav at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 16:38:53 UTC 2011

I recently moved my server to a new box and in the process of doing
that, I upgraded from FreeBSD 7.3 to 8.1.

When I say I moved, I mean I backed up all my personal data (databases,
config values, etc.), made a list of all packages, and installed an
identical box with the same pacakges.

Recently I noticed that somehow I am on apr-0.9.19.0.9.19. On my old
box, I was on apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db47-1.4.2.1.3.10.

I didn't make that choice deliberarely, somehow when I installed all the
pacakges, apr-0 was installed instead of apr-1.

Normally I wouldn't care, but apr-0 has had an unpatched security
advisory for a few weeks now, so I would like to upgrade all my packages
that use apr-0 to apr-1.

I use portupgrade, how can I do this?