Best Laptop to buy for Freebsd Without OS?

Maciej Milewski milu at dat.pl
Sat Feb 19 15:10:10 UTC 2011

On Saturday 19 of February 2011 06:12:52, Craig Butler wrote:
 > Lenovo destroyed thinkpad in the t410i range;
> * stupid flimsy/flexi keyboard with massive delete and escape keys
> (why ???)
I don't liked it either so I stayed with R400.
> * gobi 2000 3g connectivity, cant get it working on anything none M$
Have you tried gobi_loader and
http://old.nabble.com/-dev-ttyU0---block-at-open-td29876841.html
?

As for the subject - my R400 is working fine and I have no problems with it.
Opposite to when I had Lenovo 3000 series(poor performance,hot palm rest
place, poor technical design: plastic cover too thin and too plastic. It made
my lcd with background artefact of the 5cm circle in the centre of the screen)
I think this line was transformed into the IdeaPad line
Earlier I had Acer's Travelmate 3012 where it has issues with acpi and overall
performance not to mention surprisingly hot keyboard.

-
Maciej