script help

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Feb 15 14:46:16 UTC 2011

Hi,
perryh at pluto.rain.com wrote:
> "Jack L. Stone" <jacks at sage-american.com> wrote:
>
> > # find all of the same filenames (copyright.htm) and then replace
> > the year 2010 with 2011 in each file. Once I have a working
> > script, I should be able to add it as a cron job to run on the
> > first day of each new year.
>
> Before actually doing this, you might want to consult a copyright
> lawyer.  Seems to me that merely claiming a more recent copyright
> date, having made no substantive change to the work for which the
> copyright is claimed, could be construed as a fraudulent claim.

One might also want to Not delete the earliest Copyright date.

Numerous commercial firms lists several copyright years in same
file or product start up.

When I was editing some of my stuff recently, I decided to leave
first & last year in, dont know if thats correct though.

I suppose if one really wanted to know what's correct, one could search
& read Bern (Switzerland) International Copyright Convention.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, Not HTML, Not base 64.