Hi

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 21:45:53 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Spencer Thompson <
spencer.s.thompson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD.org,
>
> I would like to order a CD with FreeBSD for an IBM Thinkpad.  What is the
> best package to get?  Will it work perfectly?  I want a package with the
> manual, man-pages and how to use FreeBSD perfectly in books.

Download the 8.2-RELEASE dvd

> What does Free in FreeBSD mean?  Does it mean Free as in Free of charge?
>  Or
> is there an alternate meaning?

It means many things including free of charge... it also means the freedom
to modify, etc.

> I'm wanting the best operating system for my laptop.  Is this the one?  Why
> is it free of charge when I want to pay for it?  I don't want something
> stupid.

What OS is best for a particular person depends on the applications you need
to run

> Does it come with all the applications I need for business and marketing?
>  That's all I need.

What specific applications do you have in mind?