A quality operating system

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Aug 28 03:40:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 05:09:26AM +0200, Polytropon wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:56:16 -0500, Evan Busch wrote:
> >
> > I've never had this problem when the claims have been stated
> > professionally -- only here.
>
> But the claims HAVEN'T been stated professionally. You didn't bring
> _one_ example, not for "unprofessional" documentation, not for
> "professional" documentation. You're missing the basic structure of a
> professional argumentation, which consists of making a statement or a
> claim, then offering arguments that backup the claim, and additionally
> bring examples for those arguments.

I've decided to provide the "professional" response "Evan" claims to
crave:

    Dear Evan,

    We appreciate your feedback on the quality, scope, and focus of our
    software and documentation.  We always strive to provide the highest
    quality products and service to all of our customers, and constantly
    seek new ways to improve on perfection.  The input of our customers
    is a key element of our strategy to consistently provide what they
    need in a timely and responsible fashion.

    Your ticket number is d3b07384d113edec49eaa6238ad5ff00.  Your case
    worker is Robert Jones.  Your ticket is:

    [ ] Pending Action
    [ ] Open
    [X] Closed: Complete

    Your account has been charged $14.99 for successful completion.  Note
    that this special 25% reduced support pricing will only apply for
    actions until September 15th.  Take advantage of the discounts now!

    If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to use the support
    form on the Website.  Thank you for your business.