glabel, gmirror, and gpart

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 05:06:04 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> So it's cosmetic, but not really the kind of message that instills
> confidence.  gptboot needs to be able to tell if it's reading from a
> gmirror.  Or gmirror should provide one block less than it does, so it
> doesn't overwrite the GPT backup.

I would sort of agree with the latter although I'm afraid of what I don't
know.  One example is that in a transparent vs hardcoded gmirror, the -1
would have to apply to both to allow "gmirror configure" to continue to work
without accidentally destroying something.

While we're on the topic of desired gmirror changes I'd like an easier
method to "right-size" a mirror so that mirroring similar sized hard drives
from different manufacturers doesn't create an Uff Da when the number of
bytes isn't consistent.  You can do this with gnop, but that requires extra
steps.

--
Adam Vande More