portupgrade 2.4.9.3

osp at aloha.com osp at aloha.com
Wed Aug 24 21:35:30 UTC 2011

I too am stuck in ruby-portupgrade swamp :-)

After a fresh install of FreeBSD 8.2 I built potupgrade, then did a
portsnap and a portupgrade -a, in preparation to install Gnome2. When it
stopped I followed the instructions in UPDATING, but when I try to
upgrade portupgrade it fails because it cannot find the first server
listed and the only other one, ftp.freebsd.org, does not have pkgtools-
2.4.9.3.tar.bz2. I verified by manual ftp connection.

Do I just wait for ftp.freebsd.org to sync, or does someone need to do
something?

Thanks for all that you do!!

Gary Dunn
Honolulu