A quality operating system

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Aug 23 08:29:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:13:32 -0500, Jorge Biquez wrote:
> Seriously I would like to see or hear about the comparison chart
> between all OSs. And a question arrive to my mind... if for some
> reason, I know it is impossible, but if for some reason FreeBSD would
> stop existing... serious users of FreeBSD, what would be your next OS? Why?

Surely one of the other BSDs (OpenBSD as 1st choice, NetBSD as
second), maybe some of the more "UNIX-like" Linusi (the "too
complicated" ones, maybe those relying on source), and of course
Solaris and Mac OS X are worth mentioning here. Those systems
could be productive and good to maintain if FreeBSD should ever
disappear.

Personally, I have experiences with OpenBSD, Solaris and IRIX
mainly, as well as some smaller Mac OS skills, so those would
be my point of orientation. Of course, _what_ to use them for
would be determining the choice.

But again allow me to express that this is my very individual
opinion that doesn't neccessarily apply to others.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany