Firefox consistently inconsistent in the playing of videos

Edwin L. Culp W. edwinlculp at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:46:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Carmel <carmel_ny at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to figure out why some video files play fine while others
> simply do not work at all. This would be the latest example:
>
> http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-11-2011/lactate-intolerance

I'm running FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1 #22: Sun Aug 21 05:16:20 CDT 2011 with
512 Aug 18 07:39 amd64 and  /var/db/pkg/firefox-6.0,1 and this plays
perfectly.  Maybe the difference between 8.0 and 9.  So this probably
doesn't help much.   I've got a 7.4-STABLE i386 at the office that I
will install it on and test it tomorrow.  It is running 5 now.  I
would probably use csup and then portmaster to update my ports and
friends, just to try and keep these things in order.

sorry,

ed