A quality operating system

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Aug 21 15:52:50 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:13:32PM -0500, Jorge Biquez wrote:
> Hello.
>
> ;=)   Thanks for the comments.. :=)
>

> No, I am curious what they decided to use that covers all the points
> , at least better that FreeBSD.
>
> Seriously I would like to see or hear about the comparison chart
> between all OSs. And a question arrive to my mind... if for some
> reason, I know it is impossible, but if for some reason FreeBSD would
> stop existing... serious users of FreeBSD, what would be your next OS? Why?

I'd have to do some serious thinking about the comparative benefits of
DragonFly BSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and a number of Linux distributions.  I
have a sneaking suspicion I'd end up with NetBSD or OpenBSD, though.

Note that I'm talking about my "primary" OS of choice.  I use OSes other
than FreeBSD already for specific purposes (i.e., Win7 for portability
testing, OpenBSD for firewall/router).