ZFS and NFS or CIFS

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Fri Aug 19 05:43:31 UTC 2011

Greetings!

I have several ZFS volumes set up on my FreeBSD 8.2 (32-bit) server at
home and I am trying to figure out how to set up a NFS and/or CIFS share
of the various volumes I have created and for the life of me, I can't
figure it out. I don't really care which one or both right now (I should
learn both). I just have tons and tons of data to move from my Windows
desktop to this server and I'd like to use something other then SFTP,
even over my LAN, it's very slow.

Many thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction...