How much disk space required for make release?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Aug 16 20:24:56 UTC 2011

Hi,
Reference:

"Miller, Vincent (Rick)" wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to 'make release' 8.2-RELEASE.  After running for a few hours, it died citing lack of disk space. The filesystem has approximately 80GB available.  How much disk space is required when making a release?

A gig or 2 I recall,
	(each of src/ & obj/ I recall is ~ 600M
	then there's a chroot, so same again, but a few gig should be sufficient.
80G is more than enough,
You must have some partiton that overflowed, maybe /tmp or /var.

If you cant find what,
just run eg
touch ~//df.log
#!/bin/csh
while (1)
	df >> ~/df.log
	sleep 300
	end

& then start release again,
the log will show where its getting eaten

However I seem to recall some env var that allows piorts/ to be called in too
Now ports/distfiles alone is maybe 100 Gig or so ... so avoid ports/

Sorry to be imprecise, I havent rolled a release for months,
though I used to do it very frequently.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below, not above;  Indent with "> ";  Cumulative like a play script.