unprivledged users (for a service)

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Mon Aug 15 16:37:12 UTC 2011

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've had to do this and the drive that contained
all of my notes is dead, along with the backup (I was actually lucky to
recover my home drive before it also failed but my notes were not
there). I cannot for the life of me remember how to properly add an
unprivledged user that will only be used for running a specific system
service. So it doesn't need a login shell or $HOME.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most
appreciative.