System lockups in X with nVidia GeForce 7600 GS (G73) and Gtk+

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 05:24:45 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> What I don't understand is how a port that's more than
> one year old can require a X server version that's not
> reached yet _today_... :-)

Not exactly related to your point here, but you should also be aware of the
WITHOUT_NOUVEAU macro.  When set, nouveau will not work, but it does allow
for much newer versions of some graphics subsystems which should give you
better performance and possibly stability.  As I said earlier, nouveau is to
be avoided on FreeBSD.  Newer versions of nouveau require KMS AKAIK, so it
might be better to revisit that port when support is added to the kernel.

--
Adam Vande More