top-posting 'condescending asshats' (to use Ryan Coleman's description of himself)

Robert Bonomi bonomi at mail.r-bonomi.com
Wed Aug 3 19:01:31 UTC 2011

> Subject: Re: printing to Kyocera FS-1030D
> From: Ryan Coleman <editor at d3photography.com>
> Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:22:51 -0500
>
> Screw off.

I'd suggest that you "take your own advice', except for the fact that you
probably don't know *how*.

>            Top posting is actually a default in the mail software
> community.

FALSE TO FACT.

"top posting" was _universally_ frowned upon in the early days of email.
It became 'common', albeit *NOT* preferred/desirable, when Microsoft
introduced that botch in _their_ e-mail client, and the vast majority of
their users "didn't know any better."

There are sound 'human factors' reasons why bottom-posting is preferable in
most situations.

*ANY* situation where the elapsed time between messages is longer than the
recipient's ability to retain the 'frame of reference' (i.e., the previous
message) in memory, it _is_ harder for the recipient of the message to follow
top-posted content than interleaved/bottom-posted.  They _do_ have to scan
back-and-forth to find out (first) _what_ is being talked about,and (then)
what the response is.

Top posting _can_ be appropriate in situations where it is *KNOWN* that
eall_ parties will receive, and _read_,  the 'reply' in a 'near-immediate'
time-frame relative to when the original was sent.

Those who fail to recognize this inherent _FACT_ of all 'non-local'
store-and-forward communications systems -- where the sender has _NO_ idea
of 'how soon' the recipient will read the message, or what they may have
been doing in the mean time -- *are* being 'inconsiderate' to their readers.
Those who _insist_ on doing it, despite attempts at education, are *arrogant*,
inconsiderate, ignoramuses.

>            And I will always do it.

No doubt.  Marking you as an arrogant, and *deliberately* inconsiderate,
asshat.

> More annoying: Extra spaces and not removing the cruff from the bottom of
> emails. And condescending asshats.

I see you believe in the double-standard of "do as I say, not as I do" given
that you left in over 60 lines of material that was entirely irrelevant to
your empty-headed posturing.

Note: The _entire_ prior conent is left intact here, to expressly document
the truth of the above statement.