audacious-2.5.0 broken for anyone else?

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:59:17 UTC 2011

On 04/29/11 16:37, Roland Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:37:11AM -0400, Jimmie James wrote:
>> Removing audio/xmp fixes the xmp-audacious.so is not compatible with
>> this version of Audacious
>> Removing the icecast (libshout2) leaves Failed to load plugin
>> (/usr/local/lib/audacious/Output/icecast.so): Shared object
>> "libshout.so.5" not found, required by "icecast.so"
>
> Audacious works fine here. But I don't have an icecast.so file in
> /usr/local/lib/audacious/Output/.
>
> I think it is a remainder of an older version that was not removed? There is
> no icecast.so plugin in the pkg-plist of the current audacious-plugins port.
>
> In my experience building Audacious tends to fail or produce incorrect results
> when you are building it with a previous version installed. Therefore I tend
> to remove Audacious and its plugins before installing the new version. Maybe
> that helps?
>
> Roland

Well, it's working now, following Oliver's advice so it's all good. The
thing was, I'd never had an issue updating it before while it was
installed, so it threw me for a loop. I have a note in my system
tricks'n'tips file now about it.

Thanks all.

I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and will be
returning last week.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.