How to be an imap Client?

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Fri Apr 22 04:36:31 UTC 2011

Jerry <freebsd.user at seibercom.net> wrote:

> >  > Actually yes. Ignoring for a moment the reply you sent me
> >  > directly, conveniently bypassing the group forum,
> >
> > perry's message, like this one, was likely posted to you, cc the
> > list. That's long been customary on freebsd lists, even this
> > 'kindergarten' one; noone 'conveniently bypassed' anything.  If you
> > don't like private copies, sent as a courtesy, just delete them and
> > move on.
>
> Wrong, it was sent directly, not CC'd. As per my stated policy, it was
> answered/referred to on the list forum. I am seriously considering
> changing that policy to also include reporting them as Spam.

Before making any such accusations, you had better make D@#% sure of
your facts, lest you find yourself on the wrong end of a libel suit.

My email client respects Reply-To: and I checked my logs just to be
sure.  That reply, as this one, was sent _only_ to the list.

> No humor intended. I have read another post that might also describe
> why the network is being blacklisted. I firmly believe that a diligent
> SA (note the word diligent) could attempt to correct this problem.

Others have sufficiently addressed this portion of your tirade, I think.