PAE: Cannot fork

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 14 14:33:14 UTC 2011

On 14/04/2011 12:14, Dennis Nikiforov wrote:
> There is a legacy piece of custom software that runs only on 32 bit systems, so going to 64 bit is not possible.

Some ideas:

1) You can run 32-bit applications on 64-bit FreeBSD (and / or set up a
32-bit jail)
2) You can try booting a snapshot of 9-CURRENT and see if it helps. I
think I saw some commits that could have fixed this problem. As far as I
can see, 9-CURRENT is quite stable right now (and should be much faster
than the 7.x you are proposing to use).