Remote access to Freebsd server

Sergio Tam tam.sergio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:45:32 UTC 2011

Hello

2011/4/13 afiddler10 <afiddler10 at yahoo.com>:
> Hi, I am new to the Linux environment.
FreeBsd its not Linux environment.

  I am trying to build a virtual Freebsd server to run another virtual
device (a Juniper router).  I have found that after building the base
operating system that I cannot remotely access the virtual Freebsd
server.  I have tried using both Qemu and VMware with the same result.
 It looks to me as though the server has a default setting that allows
it to contact other devices (e.g., I can ping, ftp, telnet, etc.,
other devices from my Freebsd server) but I cannot ping, ftp, telnet
into the Freebsd server from my host PC.  My host is a Windows 7
desktop, but I have tried pinging from another virtual device and
cannot get a response from the Freebsd server.  I do not believe that
the issue is my Windows 7 PC.

Try, on the wmware settings > network adapter set to bridged.

Regards.