allBSD Japan servers ?

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Apr 4 19:20:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 03:41:52 +0900
Kouichiro Iwao <meta at club.kyutech.ac.jp> wrote:

> It have been recovered from hardware failure on Mar 28th.

There's something strange going on with IPv6 connectivity to the server
(not new - it's been happening for over a year) - over IPv4 it's quite
fast but IPv6 is really slow - I only get around 12 kB/s from the UK.
From looking at things at my end it looks like a problem with a machine
somewhere between the USA and Japan, but I don't know if the path's
symmetric. It's been suggested that it might be a TCP windowing
problem on one of the links though.

--
Bruce Cran