Tinderbox question...

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 2 11:36:33 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 09:28:58 +0100
Chris Rees <utisoft at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2 April 2011 09:26, Ivan Klymenko <fidaj at ukr.net> wrote:
> > Hi, folks!
> >
> > For example, i built in my tinderbox port audio/clementine-player...
> > It depends on qt4 -* ports...
> >
> > For example, the file qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.2.tar.gz
> > must be downloaded (if not mistaken) for more than five times! Why?
> >
> > File size ~208655K => 5*208655K=1043275K !!!
> >
> > When building ports with these files it is extremely slow and not
> > optimal.

As Cris sais, setup DISTFILES caching per README.

> > Is it possible to transfer the function cleandistfiles to another
> > place, that would be cleaning distfiles directory took place after
> > the construction of the entire queue, or do it manually?

There isn't done any distfile cleaning as such.
For each port build, a chroot is created and populated, then cleaned at
the end. For "small" ports, this takes more that the actual port build;
but no, we can't do without it if we are to have an 100% reproducible
build env.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B