pkg_config Version Numbers

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 29 18:59:42 UTC 2010

	I built bind9.7.1 on a 64-bit FreeBSD system and then
did make package-recursive in order to produce a package that
can be installed on some other systems. After doing so, I get
the following warning on numerous other packages when I install
them.

pkg_add: warning: package pkg_name' requires 'pkg-config-0.23_1', but
 'pkg-config-0.25' is installed

	This looks like it could be harmless enough as pkg-config-0.25
is newer but I thought I would ask before creating any more
possible monsters. Is this something to fix or can I forget it?

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick