/var/log/maillog

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Sep 27 06:21:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:54:12 +0900, Byung-Hee HWANG <bh at izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:
> Gary, just use smart host to google. That's powerful!

Yes, trust all your personal data, your freedom and your thoughts
to Big Brother, erm, big google. Oops, I didn't say anything, and
Thinkpol will take care of me soon. :-)

Seriously now.

If you want your mails to be "signed" by an "accepted" IP, the
suggestion of defining a smart host is not bad.

Check if your ISP does provide a mail relay accessible from within
your subnet. Then use this MX in your sendmail configuration so that
every outgoing mail is just forwarded to that MX and sent from it.
At least, that's how I currently keep things (I'm lazy).

Simply code something like

	define(`SMART_HOST', `mx.foo.bar')

into your sendmail mc file.

--