sudo anomaly

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Sun Sep 26 16:47:31 UTC 2010

I have a userID, admin, that I add to my systems to use when I perform system
admin functions.  I also use this ID when using X-windows, never starting X as
root user.

So I needed to check my mail for daily run outputs and so I tried to use su
then mail, but I got admin's mail. So I exited su, and tried sudo mail. I got
root's mailbox nd I deleted all but two emails. When I q(uit) mail, it said it
saved 2 messages in mbox. But when I try to go back in it says I don't have
any mail. There is no root directory in /var/mail.

Did sudo lose my mbox?

Can anyone verify this anomaly?

--
System Name:   laptop2.StevenFriedrich.org
Hardware:      2.80GHz Intel Pentium 4 (HTT) with 2 GB memory