jailaudit

Rocky Borg rrborg-list at thelebowski.com
Sat Sep 25 15:49:08 UTC 2010

  I've been trying to get jailaudit setup to mail reports daily and I
haven't had much luck. It generates reports and I can read them in
/usr/local/etc/jailaudit/reports. However when I try

# jailaudit mail root at example.com ALL

No email is sent (nothing shows up in the maillog). The only time I've
gotten it to send anything is doing

# jailaudit generate "ALL" | mail root at thelebowski.com

However the email just says

"Downloading a current audit database:
New database installed.
Database created: Sat Sep 25 08:05:00 PDT 2010"

Which doesn't seem right since the reports should show no vulnerable
ports (and for what jail). I've checked the jailaudit website and the
usage page seems incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I
would like to not have to install portaudit in each jail.

Or if anyone has a better way to handle portaudit with multiple jails
I'm open to suggestions.