Linux filesystems accessible from FreeBSD 8-stable?

Leif Walsh leif.walsh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:22:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM, krad <kraduk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Im not 100% sure  (probably about 60% actually) but cant you mount ext4 as
> ext2? From what i vaguly remember there will be some limitations but its
> worth having a look

 # mount -t ext2fs /dev/ad4p1 /mnt
mount: /dev/ad4p1 : Invalid argument

Unless there's something I'm missing, nope.  ext3 works because the
only difference between it and ext2 is the journal, I believe the
on-disk format of ext4 is different (though maybe I'm wrong and the
bsd drivers for ext2 just are too conservative?).

--
Cheers,
Leif