GUI Suggested?

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Sep 24 00:35:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 12:24:58PM -0500, Neal Hogan wrote:

> If you like xmonad, check out scrotwm. It's inspired by xmonad,
> lightweight, written in C by oBSD dev, actively maintained, and
> vim-like (among other things ;-).

Why is "written in C" considered such a great benefit by the Scrotwm
developer(s)?  Earlier today, I read this on the site:

    "On the other hand xmonad has great defaults, key bindings and
    xinerama support but is crippled by not being written in C."

What's up with that?  How does Haskell "cripple" xmonad?