GUI Suggested?

Neal Hogan nealhogan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 19:14:02 UTC 2010

>On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Chip Camden <sterling at camdensoftware.com> wrote:
>> Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
>>
>> I'm not too sure what you're asking "certain window should be moved by
>> default to specific workspaces." Since you read the man page I'm
>> guessing you're not talking about changing which xterm is in focus.
>> Focus moves by defualt to each new tem that you open
>> (alt-shift-return).
>>
>> Maybe www.scrotwm.org will help.
>
> Nope.  The wiki doesn't present anything either.
>
> What I mean is for example when I launch Firefox, I want it to go to
> workspace 3.  When I launch gimp, I want it on workspace 7.  I can easily
> specify that in xmonad, using either the window class or window title.  I
> don't want to have to move all these windows where I want them every time
> I log in.

Ah . . . I see. I'm not aware af that being a feature in scrotwm. The
only thing I can suggest is to join the forum and ask. Like I said,
scrotwm actively maintained and the devs will (likely) respond
quickly. As far as what they say, suggestions are welcome, but they
have to be persuaded.

Best of luck.

-Neal