Upgrading from 8.0-Release /

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew.szalbot at sgmlifewords.com
Wed Sep 22 06:30:25 UTC 2010

Dear all,

> Yes, start the upgrade from the beginning again.
> If this does not work and you don't intend to rollback from a previous
> update you may take a look at /var/db/freebsd-update and clean it out.

OK. I know now. At some point the system asks if changes look
reasonable. I pressed y for most cases but with sshd_config I pressed
n, because I was not sure whether the changes will not delete some of
the changes I implemented within the file. As soon as I did this, the
process stopped.

Does this look reasonable (y/n)? n
# freebsd-update install
No updates are available to install.
Run '/usr/sbin/freebsd-update fetch' first.

The suggested changes were mostly such as:

-#VersionAddendum FreeBSD-20090522
+#VersionAddendum FreeBSD-20100308

So it seems I should press y each time?

Many thanks!