this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 05:24:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:46 AM, <bdsfbsd at att.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 12:46:35 -0400, Michel Talon <talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr>
> wrote:
>
>  Jerry said:
>>
>>  "Starting in Firefox 3.6, you also need the new Java plugin included in
>>> Java 6 Update 15 and above."
>>>

>> OK, this explains why my plugin doesn't work. So the only solution is to
>> use the port firefox35 hoping that other components (flash plugin
>> support) also work in this case.

Yes, as I said in the second post to the thread.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:37 PM, C. P. Ghost <cpghost at cordula.ws> wrote:

> I don't know about Firefox 3.6 plugins though.

It doesn't work, you need the icetea to generate the plugins.  There is
this:  /usr/ports/java/icedtea6-stubs  Looks promising anyways.

There is also this work around.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2010-February/008535.html

Java seems more pervasive than ever in the web enviro at least for sys admin
type stuff.  Today I used it to access a Proxmox install, a Lantronics
spider kvm over IP, and my girlfriend's child had a homework assignment on a
java web app that was broken due to a recent update to her XP's java
runtime.

You can say all you want Java is dead, dying, and/or irrelevant.  I wish you
were right, unfortunately that's not the world many of us live in.

--
Adam Vande More