this is probably a little touchy to ask...

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Sep 14 17:08:10 UTC 2010

(Trimming the CC list a bit.)

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Jules Gilbert <jules.stocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that Sun declined to allow pre-built configurations to be
> shipped.  Okay.
>
> Now, (here I am not asking for a public response, nor am I suggesting
> that anyone email me privately about this,) does anyone have an "in"
> with Oracle management?

If you're holding your breath waiting for Oracle to answer questions,
about all you're going to do is turn blue.  They have a policy of not
communicating about the status of their products.  Anyone with an "in"
with management would probably be forbidden to talk about it.

Take a look at how long they jerked the OpenSolaris folks around
before dumping them and ask yourself if you want to volunteer for that
kind of treatment.