this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Sep 11 01:23:35 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason C Wells <jcw at speakeasy.net> writes:

Jason> On 09/10/10 07:29, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

>> I repeat... Java had its day.  Time to move on.

Jason> Java is not just for browsers.

Indeed.  And I still stand by my statement.

Java makes everyone equally incompetent, which is why managers like it.
It helps the beginner, hurts the advanced.  Managers can swap
programmers in and out strictly on head count, not on experience.

Friends don't let friends make greenstarts with Java.