this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Vincent Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 09:34:02 UTC 2010

 On 09/09/2010 22:02, Jules Gilbert wrote:
> About Java.  Using java with freebsd/mozilla or another browser.
>
> Some questions:
>
> Is GNU java sufficient?  I need to be able to run a browser with Java.
>  No alternative -- and no I don't want to run windoz.
>
> I'm trying to do an 8.1 install.

Looks like you might be in luck
the thread here
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gecko/2010-September/001099.html
shows that there are 2 ports of  icedtea including a plugin for firefox
3.6 in progress. It looks like the one at
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2010-September/008806.html
is in a better state at the moment.

Vince