this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Jules Gilbert jules.stocks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 21:34:22 UTC 2010

About Java.  Using java with freebsd/mozilla or another browser.

Some questions:

Is GNU java sufficient?  I need to be able to run a browser with Java.
 No alternative -- and no I don't want to run windoz.

I'm trying to do an 8.1 install.

Does this problem exist with Sun's x86 OS?

Does anyone have a website or even a set of notes as to the right way
to do this.

Now an opinion.  If Oracle isn't going to help us, we should look
around for an alternative, even inventing something else, something
that isn't Sun/Oracle/Java.

Because this problem has been getting progressively worse for the past
three or four years or so (longer?,) and, look around, it's hurting
the FreeBSD community.