how to recursively symlink every file in a dir

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Sep 9 20:35:07 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Aryeh" == Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> writes:

Aryeh> I want to make it so every file is a seperate symlink in dir2 if and
Aryeh> only if it is a regular file (not a dir) in dir1... the reason is if
Aryeh> the file is unchanged then use symlink but I can rm the symlink and
Aryeh> replace it with a non-symlink:

Are you committed to symlinks?

I think null-mounts would do what you're trying to do... as in, as long
as you're reading, you're reading from the old stuff, but if you ever
write something new, all the right bits get created in the new dir.

But I'm new to null-mounts, so I could be wrong.