Regex Help For Procmail

Peter Boosten peter at boosten.org
Tue Sep 7 03:09:02 UTC 2010

On 7-9-2010 3:51, Frank Shute wrote:
> [snip]
> I additionally don't like the look of your Maildir. It's quoted, you
> should set MAILDIR in procmailrc, you should get rid of the space and
> it should end in "new". Result:
>
> :0
> * ^From:.*famous-smoke\.com
> .Shopping/Famous_Smoke/new

I've actually never seen a recipe (either on the net, nor in the
examples in procmailex suggesting this. The 'new' part is taken care of
by procmail itself.

> I don't know what you're using for maildirmake but here's a script you
> can adapt:
>
> ----
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> # Usage: maildirmake <somemaildir>
>
> mkdir $1
> mkdir $1/new
> mkdir $1/cur
> mkdir $1/tmp
> chown frank:frank $1/new
> chown frank:frank $1/cur
> chown frank:frank $1/tmp
> chmod 700 $1
> chmod 700 $1/new
> chmod 700 $1/cur
> chmod 700 $1/tmp
>
> ----
>
> You have to run it from where you keep your maildirs i.e MAILDIR

Also something procmail takes care of automatically. I've never created
any directory structure for procmail to be able to deliver email to it.

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org